I have long said, in relation to both society and child rearing, that if there is no fear of punishment, there is no deterrent to crime. This is never more true than as it relates to God punishing those that sin against Him. Therefore, we must preach both the law of God (His ten commandments) and His future judgement on those that break it, as well as Jesus Christ, the Way to escape that eternal punishment. Without the law, man has no knowledge of sin and therefore no idea of his need for a savior (see Romans chapter 7).
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”
The New King James Version (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982), Ro 7:7.
Comments
Post a Comment